What Is Stress? A Simplest Stress Definition:
Stress is a constant feeling of worry and pressure in responding to any kind of demand or threat. It is linked to anxiety to some extent. Stress is felt when we are worried about anything like, getting laid off our job, or worried about having not enough money to pay our bills, etc. Stress is a very natural behavior however you can learn some stress management techniques to handle it.
According to various studies 80% population of Pakistan is under stress because of different reasons. To cope with mild stress we need to learn different management tress techniques that will help to lessen our stress. Coping strategies for stress are a great way to help you with your stress management. Relaxation is a practice that reduces the effects of stress on your mind and body. Relaxation techniques can help you cope with everyday stress and with stress related to various health problems, such as heart disease and pain.
Stress Management Techniques:
Here Are Five Stress Handling techniques that will help you to reduce stress.
Deep breathing is one of the easiest and quick among coping strategies for stress to decrease your stress. You can practice this technique anywhere. All you need is a few minutes and a place to stretch out.
The procedure of deep breathing:
- Sit comfortably with your back straight. Put one hand on your chest and other on your stomach.
- Now take a deep breathe in through your nose. Try to Intake more air so that your abdominal muscles rise and fall.
- Now Exhale the air out through your mouth. Push out as much air as you can while contracting your abdominal muscles.
- Now repeat this breathing process for at least 5 Minutes.
Progressive Muscle Relaxation:
Progressive muscle relaxation is a two-step procedure in which you thoroughly tense and relaxes different muscles present in the body. It is one of the effective stress management techniques. In this process you start at your feet and work your way up to your face, trying to only tense those muscles that are intended.
The procedure of progressive muscle relaxation:
- Get Comfortable by taking off your Shoes and loosen your clothing.
- Lay down and take deep breaths in and out for 2-3 minutes.
- Now slowly tense the Muscle on your right foot by squeezing tightly for at least 10 seconds.
- Relax your foot. Focus on the tension flowing away and how your foot feels as it becomes limp and loose.
- Stay in this relaxed state for a moment, breathing deeply and slowly.
- Repeat the same process by slowly moving up through your body, contracting and relaxing the different muscle groups of the body that you want to relax.
Rather than worrying about the things that happened in the past and getting anxious about things that will happen in the future. Mindfulness meditation stress management tip alters the focus to what’s happening right now, enabling you to be fully engaged in the present moment. Numerous Studies also suggests it may be helpful for people with anxiety, depression.
The procedure of mindfulness meditation:
- Sit cross-legged on the floor.
- Focus on your breathing, such as the feeling of air flowing into your nostrils and out of your mouth, or your abdominal muscles rising and falling.
- Embrace your every thought or sensation without judging it good or bad.
- If your mind starts to race, return your focus to your breathing and enjoy your present.
Yoga and Tai Chi:
Yoga includes a sequence of both moving and stationary poses, combined with deep breathing.
Tai chi is a self-paced, non-competitive series of slow, flowing body movements. Tai Chi and Yoga reduce stress by focusing on healing the mind, body, and spirit. By focusing your mind on the movements and your breathing, you keep your attention on the present, which clears the mind and leads to a relaxed state and helps you in your stress management.
In this Stress management technique, you may form mental images to take a visual journey to a peaceful, calming place or situation or imagine a place in your mind to help you feel relax.
Choose whatever setting is most calming to you, whether it’s a beach, a favorite childhood spot. To relax using visualization, try to combine as many senses as you can, including smell, sight, sound, and touch. If you are imagining about relaxing at the ocean, for instance, think about the smell of salt water, the sound of colliding waves and the warmth of the sun on your body. Just close your eyes, sit in a quiet spot, loosen any tight clothing, and concentrate on your breathing. Aim to focus on the present and think positive feelings.
One Should Know Exactly What is stress? and how we can work on dealing it with the help of Stress Management Techniques. These Techniques are really helpful and easy to implement whether you are at home or in your workplace.